DIY Seashell Frame Art

Friday, September 11, 2020


 
One day, I was strolling through a decor store and discovered a few large table lamps and picture frames embellished with gorgeous seashells. I was so inspired by those pieces that my crafty self wanted to create something with them. I thought about creating a seashell frame, because I still had some in my storage box that I bought from a decor store in Germany. 
 
Having a seashell frame or anything else embellished with them, reminds me of the beach and the ocean. It is a great addition to the living room, bedroom or as a gift for someone special.
 
In this post, I'm going to show you 
how to embellish your picture frame with beautiful seashells from the sea:

 
WHAT YOU NEED:
- SEASHELLS
If you like, in different types and sizes and enough to cover the frame unless you have a different design in mind. You can get the seashells from the sea, craft or decor stores.
- GLUE GUN and GLUE STICKS 
If you have kids with you, supervise them.
- PICTURE FRAME 
Flat and made out of wood, if possible, just to get that natural look. For the color of the frame, I recommend using the same or similar shade as the seashells.
- Your FAVORITE PICTURE
I used a photo of my cat for this tutorial :)
 

HOW TO:
 


1. First, before you glue the seashells with the hot gun, create a pattern of them on your frame so you can find out how you want your frame to like later. (Tip: Take a picture of your desired pattern on your frame so you don't forget what it supposed to look like)


2. Now, glue these precious seashells onto the frame by adding some hot glue on the the bottom of the shell. Start with the large ones and then use the small ones to fill the gaps. Hold in place until the glue has hardened up.


3. Overlap the small seashells for a more dimensional look and until you think it looks covered. Then when it's finished, wait a few minutes for the glue to dry. Add the photo to the picture and Voilà, your beautiful seashell frame is done.

If you have any questions to this DIY project, let me know :)



No comments:

Post a Comment